Embedded Software Engineer
Would you like to collaborate with industrial designers, hardware developers and other software developers in one team? And write code for innovative wearables that improve people’s lives? Read on…
Who are we?
We are a growing company, specialised in developing wearables that integrate electronics and textiles, with a focus on haptic feedback applications. Together with partners from the health, safety/professional and sports sectors we develop new wearables from concept right to market-ready products, and anything in-between. We also partner with universities to develop and apply new scientific knowledge.
We work in multidisciplinary Agile teams on multiple projects that can vary in length and do most of our research and development in-house at our new office and Wearable Lab. We value curiosity and creativity in our people and our projects reflect that.
We imagine a future in which smart clothing is ubiquitous, where e-textiles do not just improve overall quality of life but are also practically and texturally indistinguishable from traditional textiles. One thing all our projects have in common is that they add real value: for example, our BalanceBelt allows people with balance disorders to live normal lives again, our Mission Navigation Belt keeps soldiers in the field safer and our NeuroShirt will help reduce the cognitive load for neurosurgeons during surgeries.
Who are you?
- You are a programmer and have experience with Embedded Systems;
- You are a mid-level level developer or about-to-be mid-level and looking for the next step;
- You like being hands-on and solving problems through trial and error;
- You have some hobby projects relating to embedded systems and want to show them to us:)
- You like sorting out new functionalities and you have a broad perspective.
- Some experience with developing firmware and/or communication protocols;
- You have completed a technical bachelor or master;
- Excellent control of C++ 17;
- Experience with ARM Cortex and FreeRTOS;
- Knowledge of hardware protocols like I2C and SPI are preferred;
- Experience with developing and maintaining Android applications is preferred;
- Experience with protobuf or other serialization libraries for C++ are preferred.
- An annual contract with prospects for a permanent position;
- A challenging position in a young and ambitious team;
- Internal coaching and training;
- Lots of independence and freedom in the execution of your job;
- A brand-new office with a Wearable Lab where we print, mould, solder and sew our projects together;
- Enthusiastic and experienced colleagues;
- Informal work environment with good coffee, daily lunch and fruit.
Are you the Software Programmer we are looking for and would you like to meet us at our office in Utrecht? Send your motivation and resume to Martin van den Berg (Head of Operations): email@example.com.
Please note we do not accept submissions from recruitment agencies.