Do you believe people’s lives can be improved by wearables? Would you like to collaborate with industrial designers, researchers, hardware, software developers and our partners on the forefront of wearables and smart clothing? Are you an experienced Business Developer Manager willing to initiate and close new development projects for and with our partners and clients? Then please keep reading…
Business Development Manager
Who are we?
We are a growing company, specialised in developing wearables that integrate electronics and textiles, with a focus on haptic feedback applications. Together with partners from the health, safety/professional and sports sectors we develop new wearables from concept right to market-ready products, and anything in-between. We also partner with universities to develop and apply new scientific knowledge.
We work in multidisciplinary Agile teams on multiple projects that can vary in length and do most of our research and development in-house at our new office and Wearable Lab. We value curiosity and creativity in our people and our projects reflect that.
We imagine a future in which smart clothing is ubiquitous, where e-textiles do not just improve overall quality of life but are also practically and texturally indistinguishable from traditional textiles. One thing all our projects have in common is that they add real value: for example, our BalanceBelt allows people with balance disorders to live normal lives again, our Mission Navigation Belt keeps soldiers in the field safer and our NeuroShirt will help reduce the cognitive load for neurosurgeons during surgeries.
What will you be doing?
As a Business Development Manager at Elitac Wearables, you will be the driving force behind pushing our business forward. You will work with the CEO to develop a sales strategy for product development partnerships. Together with our Marketing Manager you develop insights into our target group and optimise our customer journey. Building on your experience, we will expect you to generate leads and secure contracts, and develop a deep understanding of partners’ needs and challenges.
- You identify, develop and close potential leads in innovation departments and manufacturing companies;
- You identify, develop and close collaborations for our existing portfolio in safety/workwear, medical devices and sports companies;
- You use trade shows to build strong relationships with existing and prospective partners;
- You are present on LinkedIn/webinars as an expert in the field (industry group discussions, publishing content, etc.) and leverage your network;
- Your style is collaborative & educative selling rather than hard selling;
- You have great conversation and presentation skills and are comfortable sharing your ideas and proposals with clients and members of the team (designers, researchers, soft- and hardware developers);
- You are a team player, but always stand up for your ideas.
Requirements / skills (do you tick all or many of the following boxes?)
- You have 8 – 20 years’ experience in a professional B2B sales environment;
- You have experience and/or affinity with (wearable) technology development;
- You have experience with creating, fine-tuning and/or professionalising sales processes;
- You are used to working in a fast growing / scale-up environment;
- You have experience in initiating and closing large custom development projects;
- You are used to working with HubSpot or a comparable CRM system;
- You have experience with setting up license deals and/or distribution agreements (is a plus);
- You speak Dutch and English fluently;
- The opportunity to work on the forefront of innovative and meaningful wearables;
- A challenging position in a young and ambitious team;
- A fulltime position, part-time is an option (min 24 hours per week);
- An annual contract with prospects for a permanent position;
- Internal coaching and training;
- A lot of independence and freedom in the execution of your job;
- A brand-new office with a fully equipped Wearables Lab for (functional) prototyping;
- Enthusiastic and experienced colleagues;
- Informal work environment with good coffee, daily lunch and fruit.
Are you the Software Programmer we are looking for and would you like to meet us at our office in Utrecht? Send your motivation and resume to Martin van den Berg (Head of Operations): firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we do not accept submissions from recruitment agencies.