2020 has been an eventful year, in more ways than one. Despite the insecurities caused by COVID-19, we are grateful that we were able to reach so many milestones this year:
- January: Started the new year in style at the CES exhibition in Las Vegas.
- January: Move to our new office & Wearables Lab @ Werkspoor Campus Utrecht.
- May: Elitac Wearables featured on primetime television programme ‘De kennis van nu’.
- June: Delivery of the first Mission Navigation Belt order to the Royal Netherlands Army.
- July: Worldwide launch of the BalanceBelt, a wearable for people with balance disorders.
- September: Wearable Technologies Webinar about ‘The art & science of developing successful wearables’, presented by Lead Designer Guus de Hoog.
- October: CEO Merijn Klarenbeek wins Young Management ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ award.
- December: Kick-off of the EU-funded Gaitkeeper project, focused on improving the user experience for leg prosthesis users.
Not to mention our new people: This year, we were joined by Christina Bodenstein (Research Manager), Dani van Weert (Marketing Manager), Arjan Houben (Software Developer), Marloes Peters (Wearables and Soft Goods Designer), Dennis van Elteren (Hardware Developer) and Jonathan Zwaan joined our Advisory Board.
We look forward to seeing you all up close again soon, and continue collaborating on our mission to improve people’s daily lives!