The ScienceSuit has enabled researchers and product developers to get in touch with haptic feedback technology for over nine years. This innovative set of hardware components has gotten a fresh update, and its brand-new features are ready to let everyone unlock the full potential of haptic feedback technology. Introducing: The ScienceSuit V3.
The Swiss Army knife for haptic projects
The ScienceSuit, one of our first projects, has been the starting point for many projects, idea realisation, and prototypes. It is a versatile tool that academics and product developers—and our Elitac Wearables team—use as a Swiss Army knife for haptic development projects.
This haptic feedback R&D hardware set has been used in car seats, boats, hospital operating rooms, plane simulators, and medical product development, just to name a few. The product offers a simple platform to evaluate the advantage of haptic feedback as a feature for applications, leading to more specialised products.
But times change, technology improves, and to allow clients to create better products, we have improved our product. Clients’ requests changed during these years, requesting more straightforward applications with different hardware configurations. Within nine years, the ScienceSuit has received two updates, the last one in 2017. In 2023 we launch Version 3, with new features that adapt to every need.
What the new ScienceSuit V3 holds for you
- An efficient up-to-date, user-centred design, removing the elements the user didn’t employ.
- New MCU (microcontroller unit) with integrated Bluetooth Low Energy radio, making the design more power efficient and more secure.
- A future-proof design including:
- Second communication port with the potential to connect two tactor strings or add other sensors (running RS485).
- Extra memory on board for storing client-specific hardware constellations.
- Improved electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) performance. Going for the RS485 allows for usage in harder EMC environments and improves its emission profile.
A future-proof tool
This updated version of the ScienceSuit is the ultimate future-proof tool for learning and conducting research with haptic feedback, the right gadget for even the most ambitious, ardent wearable projects.
And you, are you ready to unleash the power of haptic feedback? Get in touch with us and get your ScienceSuit V3 now.
By: Bram Bicknese
25 April 2023